For a large international consulting and management organisation, Vamberský & Company, is searching for a:
Director Real Estate Benelux
Is an independent professional services company specialising in programme management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure, natural resources and hi-tech & manufacturing sectors. With presence in several countries, they draw on their extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximising value and performance during the construction and operation of their clients’ assets. In real estate the Benelux office is currently working on a great variety of projects, such as construction and renovation of hotels, office buildings, data-centers, laboratories, shops and hubs in infrastructure.
Vamberský & Company is looking for a Director Real Estate for the Benelux team based in Amsterdam. This is an exciting and challenging role within a growing international organisation.
The Director Real Estate will act as lead for the development and delivery of the Real Estate business and services to our clients within the Benelux region.
The Real Estate Business Unit Leader is expected to undertake the following strategy, business generation, performance and operations management responsibilities:
- Prepare, align and agree the business unit strategy with the Netherlands wider business.
- Address the Real Estate sector (including public sector, education, healthcare, corporate).
- Consider the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg markets, and the inter-relationship with other related Europe markets including Germany, Switzerland and the Nordics.
- Cross-sector approach, viz. all related asset groups.
- Identify, develop and convert new business opportunities including the preparation and presentation of technical and commercial tenders and proposals.
- Develop our client base and provide entry to new markets, such as manufacturing.
- Promote the brand in the relevant markets.
- Act as the client lead for selected clients.
- Support initiatives of the global and local business eg. data and technology.
- Develop capability to provide a sustainable and quality service to the local market.
- Lead, manage and deliver consultancy services, within timescales, budgets and governance requirements for commission delivery.
- Monitor quality service delivery, in all that we do including necessary peer reviews.
- Protect the profitability of work delivered.
- Successful delivery of managed services on all commissions, including day-to-day project issues.
- Manage and maintain client relationships on commissions.
- Development, maintenance and continuous improvement of our service model for the NL market.
- Process improvement – Identify and act upon ways to improve internal systems and processes.
- Knowledge management – Identify key information and learning generated from each project and input to internal contacts.
- Member of the Netherlands management team.
- Work with the Netherlands management team and wider regional Real Estate leads to deliver the strategy.
- Netherlands Real Estate BU P&L accountability.
- Line management and development of Real Estate resources (Project Management, Cost Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Risk Management etc.)
- Reporting to the Benelux Country Manager.
- The role will require regular travel within the Netherlands and occasionally to other parts of Europe and UK.
- The role will require contribution to wider, non-Real Estate specific business-related initiatives including but not limited to Health, safety and wellbeing, Quality and Social Corporate Responsibility.
Health and Safety:
- Observe safety regulations
- Conform to local and national laws and guidelines
- Conform to the (Energy) safety and security regulations
- Commitment to implementation of the Risk – Assessment and Evaluation (Dutch legislation ArboWET, RI&E)
- Maintain own learning & development plan, keeping it up to date
- Develop own professional competency level to agreed targets
- Attend all training courses as identified in your L&D plan
- Ensure personal CVs are updated regularly and posted to Peoples Pages
- Coach/ mentor staff as directed/ agreed in their L&D plans
- Participate in the CSR programme
- Relevant and demonstrable education.
- Proven track record securing and delivering projects and programmes within the Real Estate industry.
- Strong industry network within in the Benelux market.
- Business generation and commercial nous.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Consultancy experience.
- Fluent Dutch and English language skills. French language skills welcomed.
The client offers
- Highly skilled and motivated team;
- International working environment;
- Various large and multidisciplinary programmes and projects in Real Estate;
- Excellent salary and working conditions.
Contact: Thomas Vamberský, 06-54243151 or via e-mail: email@example.com